Thursday, 17 January 2008

new post for the new school week

The start to this semester was terrible. I was down with this horrible sickness that left me feeling half dead the entire week during school. Bad bad sickness. I still dun know wad it is, so that's all i can call it - sickness.

The sickness pervades each minute, going to school became harder as walking a few steps up the staircase left my heart racing and me totally breathless. Just walking was that bad. And my legs were totally tired such that walking more than a snail's pace got me so tired and my legs so jellyish.
What's more, that is just physical. Mentally, I was also very tired. I wonder why. Perhaps fever and headaches are like lightning or electricity bursts that are overly active, and makes your head burst -literally. I couldn't look at a direction for more than a few seconds. Paying attention in class was a huge challenge, it felt worse than climbing a mountain. Seriously. haha. Oh well, you get my point.

Anws, you guys must be thinking - WTF is this woman going on and on about her suffering I am not even interested. Well. My purpose is to point out that this gives me a new perspective about school. For the previous semesters, I am either excited that school is starting, or bored about school starting. I always took it for granted that school is just school - the journey there, attend class, go home. that kinda thing. However, this 1st week of school, I had to endure. Endure the pain, endure the splitting head. Focus on the words of the lecturer that sometimes look like a polar bear to a flicker of light - trust me, when you open and close your eyes intermittently during class due to some migraine , and when the lecturer talks fast or something alien, you might think they are polar bears from another continent altogether!

Well I learnt that basic things should not be taken for granted and that life isn't that simple. When you fall sick, you cant just skip class. Things cannot be taken lightly and they must be faced with an attitude of seriousness, sincerity (dealing with people when your head exploding), and of course, humor. Humor works alot!

Yep, that's my short post on the new week of school. back to the bed zzz

No comments: