Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Recent Updates

After the tiring planning for the Japan Trip for the whole of last week, which involved getting my visa and making trips to the Embassy 3 times and staring at the computer figuring out which places are near where and thus appropriate to be in the trip, I got so shagged over the weekend. Subsequently, on Monday and Tuesday still super tired and shagged, since I haven gotten any break after the exams ended. It has been hectic and tiring for me. These past 2 days finally could sit down properly and think of what I want in my life, and start sending out my resumes.

I have been very interested in getting into Recruit Express as a Recruitment Consultant. Yesterday I sent my resume to them hoping to get a reply soon. After that, I msn-ed my ex-classmate who's now an Insurance agent in Great Eastern and bought some travel insurance for the Japan trip. It was to my surprise and luck that his girlfriend works in Recruit Express, and she gave me a chance to go to an interview today.

I really hope to get the job and am super stressed that I didn't get through the Personality Quizzes properly. Previously i heard from another friend that this job has alot of prospects and it pays quite well. Also, since I'm passionate about working with people I think this job is suitable for me. Well, at the moment I'm praying for good news.

About my Japan trip, this is the tentative plan.

Day 1 -> Fly to Tokyo Narita Airport and stay over at Marroad Int.
Day 2 -> Take subway to Tokyo Station, book into Taito Ryokan
Buy Tokyo 4 day pass (or any relevant ones)
Explore Asakusa area, look at the 100yen shop nearby, and go to an onsen nearby.
Take bullet train from Tokyo Station to Hakone area 5th Station to look at Mt. Fuji
Relax by going to Rainbow Bridge and Shibuya (Photo taking)
Day 3 -> Chichibu Area or Ameyoko Street and Shinjuku Sightseeing (Photo taking)
Ninja Musuem in Tokyo
Visit a wooden blocks painting shop, make/paint a wooden doll
or DisneySea (whole day)
Take neoprints or wadever is fashionable there
Day 4 -> Check out Taito Ryokan and move to another one..
Meet with Tina and make a trip to Yebisu Beer Musuem
Rainbow Bridge if did not visit 1st day.
Hakone to look at Mt Fuji if did not visit 1st day.
Day 5 -> Take morning 9am Shinkansen Hiraku to Kyoto
Sightseeing around Kyoto (photo taking)
Lunch at Kyoto or at Nara Deer Park
Take shinkansen to shin-osaka and meet Dad
Stay over near Osaka Airport
Day 6 -> Osaka unleashed! Buy Osaka 2 Day pass
Day 7 -> Play all places for free and take subways free
Day 8 -> Buy Osaka 1 day Pass
Day 9 -> Kyoto Day Tour Buy Kyoto 1 Day Pass
Eat dumplings and sightsee
Go to Imperial Palace
Return to Tokyo by night time
Stay over at Marroad Int.
Day 10->Fly Back to Singapore
Buy wine at Duty-Free shop at HK air

If all's well, the trip will be a memorable one, and hopefully it'll go well. Even if we get lost (Which i'm kinda looking forward to), i hope everyone will become closer and learn from this trip.
I also am looking forward to eating all the nice Japanese goodies and delicious Japanese curry rice/udon. Want to try new things too hehe

No comments: