Thursday, 14 August 2008

Recent Updates

For the past 2 months, I have been busy working in MOE, PARB. For those who don't know, PARB stands for Psychological Assessment and Research Branch. Sounds impressive right? Actually its all just nothing much.. I want to get vulgar at this point in time but I don't know if I'd get caught if I actually do so. Let's just keep this non-vulgar then (Sheesh!). Well, I suppose being a Research Assistant sounds really cool but actually it may be really tiring, boring, and not exactly research you wanted to do. I mean, everyone has his own research interests and educational psychology was never part of my interest. But this job made me interested! However, I want to try new types of psychology, so that I may realise which types I am MOST interested in. Well, that's what I think I should do. I will give myself one and a half years to decide which field I am really interested in.

Anyways, this job is really short - term and temporary. Also, the nature of the job is such that when there's something to do, its really exhausting and tiring. But when there's nothing to do, there's really nothing to do. So, we were all stuck between the extremities of the job scope.

Also, we were not given the pay we were initially promised. The person-in-charge (who is a mysterious person who has not surfaced to show responsibility) seemed to have miscommunicated our pay between MOE's side and the job agency's side.. So we were the biggest losers. Our pay got to an all-time low! OH well, we are just worthless RAs who were dispensible anyways .. The worst was yet to come. On our official 2nd last day of work, we were told early in the morning that TODAY IS Your last DAY! Wow. What a bombshell. Nobody treats their workers more than shit .. Nobody can be compared to this organisation. What integrity as core values? What nonsense.

No comments: