Saturday, 16 February 2008

more updates

V-day thoughts

Wonder what you guys did for V-day? It must have been another day to most people I guess. I believe the only reason why V-day receives so much sensationalisation is mainly due to the economical attractions. I suppose most people thought of selling roses or handmade nitty gritty to get some money right? Well, I almost wanted to sell roses for $5 on the day itself, because I saw the florist in my market selling roses for $2 each. But i didn't, because I didn't have a license to sell, so i was afraid to get caught by the Police. I guess being such a law-abiding society doesn't do little 'entrepreneurs' like us good =p

On a brighter note, i had to go back to school for project meetings for the whole day, So it might have been a good thing that I did not buy the entire bunch (maybe 50 or so roses), else I would have had no time to sell them =)

V-day activities
Wonder what romantic things people actually do 'normally'? Me and Arul went to do something adventurous - Trek through the forest to Bt Timah Hill at night. Those of you who have not done that before might think 'easy lah!', but think twice. The nighttime makes your mind wonder, and the dark forest, with the canopy blocking the moonlight, hides many unknowns. The scenery is actually rather beautiful with the moonlight, but somehow just 2 of us walking into the unknown makes it rather spooky.

we were in out first 10 mins of the walk, and we saw 2 big red chinese-styled lanterns hung upon a tree, and beneath it was sprawled a red qi-pao (cheongsum). THAT WAS SPOOKY!! It immediately made my whole mind go 'GHOST' and images from those hongkong ghost movies raced about in my mind. They made me so scared, and I wondered whether anything was behind me in the dark forest. To make it worse, Arul made a big hoo-ha about it. He was like 'Wah! Look at those ghost lanterns! This is so haunted!!' and made many ghostly noises. To think that we were all alone in the 'wilderness' with no one nearby to save us or hear our cries for help, (if any). well i couldn't help but try my best to maintain calm and stop my brain from imagining further. He didn't stop his nonsense, so i had to tell him harshly to shut up, which he did, finally. PHEW.

Well, the forest at night looks so different from the daytime. I guess I need to face my fears more, and we'll definitely be visiting the forest at night soon, to overcome our fears, and know more about ourselves =)

2 comments:

matchy Ng said...

for me. Lesson in the morning and night.

dune said...

lols !!!